Monday, September 8, 2008

This world would be a better place...

This world would be an exponentially happier, better, and more peaceful place if...

...papparazzi were outlawed and every last god-blessed one of them had their cameras broken.
...reality teevee ceased to exist immediately. I think all right-thinking people can agree that the social Darwinism thing has run its course and the public humiliation of perfect strangers can and should cease post haste.
...the next guy in the White House actually takes Marianne Williamson's advice and creates a Department of Peace. We've had Departments of War, why not give Peace a chance?
...we can go one day in our lives without hearing or reading the names Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears.
...Tantra were brought into greater practice and the works of Margot Anand (among others) were more widely read. The people who sit at romantic restaurants and read the newspaper the whole time would be very grateful, I'm sure.
...every multiplex in America had at least one print of Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Cries and Whispers (all of Bergman's work for that matter), Schindler's List, The Godfather, The Godfather Part II, The Piano Teacher (same principle applies to Huppert), Annie Hall (that also goes for selected Allen and Keaton films), and at least one Scorsese film (manager's discretion). If you're going to hear another movie through the walls, shouldn't you hear one of those?
...football were immediately outlawed. I realize I just lost half of you by saying that, but football gives me panic attacks when I watch it on teevee.
...I never heard the name Al Gore again, because he will have finally come to his senses, realized that Planet Earth isn't going anywhere anytime soon and given up his Chicken Little Schtick.
...I never heard the names Bill or Hilary Clinton again. They're what you get when fire and fire mix. I'm glad the neither of them are on the Democratic ticket ever again.

Think I can't think of more? Don't bet against me.

No comments: