Monday, September 8, 2008

Simple Gifts--a Christmas Poem

Simple Gifts


No need for trinkets, nor for toys.
No need for songs from choir boys.

Beyond lights, beyond trees,
Beyond holy men on bended knees.

Who needs any holly sprigs?
Who needs those five golden rings?

All these things I hardly heed.
For there is only one thing I need.

I have my family, I have my friends.
I have love that never ends.

I have my mother and stepfather
My sister and brother,and brother-in-law, too.
I thank them so much for all they do.

I have a grandmother so sweet and kind
Her like on this earth I’ll never find.

I have a kitty cat, quiet and cute.
His heart and soul of great repute.

I cannot imagine life without my family,
And thus this sudden Christmas homily.

I love you more than you’ll ever know.
More than a mere poem can ever show.

No comments: