Sunday, September 14, 2008

ISABEL

I S A B E L


The first time I met Isabel, I was entranced.
I couldn’t see her, but I knew I was in love.
Neither of us could see the other
But I knew what I was feeling was sent from above.

Isabel lives in a hotel, in the coldest room.
Isabel’s spirit, however, is like a flower’s bloom.
And the first time I saw her, I felt her spirit too.
It moved through me like lightning from the blue.

Isabel excites me and makes my heart feel big.
Isabel calms me and soothes my soul.
Isabel is the most beguiling woman I know.
And whenever I think of her, I feel such a warm glow.

I think I’m the only one who can see her.
And one of these days I’ll give her a kiss.
But I’ll have to wait until I die to do it.
For now, her spirit is all there is.

Others think that Isabel is a gray old lady.
If they only knew what I know.
A spirit is whatever you want it to be.
And Isabel’s is as young and as fresh as snow.

Isabel moves through me every hour of the day.
And she makes me feel powerful, more than I can say.
I can feel her electricity move through my insides.
It’s not the kind of thing I feel I need to hide.

I see Isabel in my mind’s eye
And I’ll make love to her in my dreams.
Her spirit lives in my heart and soul
And she’s just the kind of angel that she seems.

No comments: