Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Passion

If I screamed so loud
my throat burned and my
lungs vibrated,
would you scream just as loud?

If i dove in an ocean
with no bottom
and nothing to protect me,
would you dive just as deep?

If I touched your hand
and felt the electricity
that would power a city,
can you feel the same?

I look into your eyes
and I believe you would.

We are naked and alone
in every sense.

I kiss your breasts, your belly,
your sex and your soul.
And I feel us communing, wordlessly.

We plumb the depths together,
committing ourselves and our lives
to the truth.

I move with you, hearts beating as one.
I sweat with you, breaths in sync.
Our embrace tightens, our movements
simultaneous.

We become each other’s flesh,
each other’s blood,
each other’s truth.

Nothing else seems to matter as much.
Nothing seems to make as much sense.

The world has disappeared;
it was never quite real anyway.

All we have is the love we have made,
the bubble we have created,
the passion that can never be pierced.

No comments: