Wednesday, May 9, 2012


WAKING UP

I woke up first thing this morning
And I found myself placing great value
On my own breathing.

Lying there.
Drifting in and out of the dream state.
Wiggling my bare toes and
Deliciously uncovered feet.

Valuing and reveling in
Each and every breath I took.
I wondered why I had not mastered
The art (I know there is one)
Of taking longer and deeper ones.

Wishing I could make it all
Last longer.
Enjoying being supine
And supple.

Loving being in my body,
In the moment,
In my glory and in my power.

And then I realized it was
Time to shower
And snap out of it all.

Realizing that soon I shall have to
Leave my cocoon
And join the world
Where you are not supposed to
Feel yourself breathe.

Where you wish time would go
Faster, not slower.
Where you cannot value your breath
As much as you are supposed
To value your clients.

We were not born
So that we could live
Like that.

My breath tastes so much sweeter,
My skin feels so much better
When I have nothing to lose.

No comments: