Monday, August 16, 2010

I’m Not Just Anyone


I’m not just another car
In a traffic jam.

I’m not an anonymous rear end
To be kicked around.

I’m not a Social Security Number
Or another credit score.

I’m not just a member
Of the faceless, unwashed masses.

I’m your son.
I’m your father.
I’m your brother.
I’m your nephew.

I’m the one I want you to love.

I’m not cut with a cookie cutter.
I’m not just one of the guys.
I’m too talented, too good, too wise.

Just because my voice doesn’t always rise
Doesn’t mean I don’t have one.

I’m not average.
I’m not ordinary.

I’m extraordinary.
I’m unexpected.
Not just the usual unusual.

I’m capable of such magic.
If only you’ll let me wave the wand.

I have such love in me,
I want to give it all to you.

Because I’m more than the voice
On the other end of the phone.

Because I’m greater than the sum
Of the words on your computer.

And I’m so much more than
The smiling face in the photo.

I’m not just anyone.
I’m yours.

No comments: