Tuesday, September 7, 2010

PLAINTIVE SHOUT


Physically, I’m grown-up.

But mentally, spiritually, truthfully

I don’t think I’ve grown.


I go looking for people, places and things

To empower me and make me strong.

But I still have no power

And no strength.


I feel misguided.

Aimless.

Feeling for a light switch

In a pitch-black room.


I should be married

And have a child.

I should have a good house

In a nice neighborhood.

And I should be driving

A decent car.


But I’m not, and I don’t.

Why?


What did I do wrong?

How did I screw this up?


So many more men my age

Are doing so much better

And have done greater things.


I haven’t even had my first kiss.


I need to devote myself

To something,

To someone,

To anything,

To anyone.


I can’t be living alone in a

House trailer

When I’m 42.


I can’t go through the rest of my life

Like a lion in a cage,

Unwilling to stay,

Unable to leave.


This is my prayer.

This is my hope.


I need help.

Someone help me.

Anyone.


Will you help me?

Please?

No comments: