Monday, September 27, 2010

Peaceful

Just as the sun rises
on a Monday morning,
and that great sphere
illumines everything,

the birds talk in their
private and beautiful
language.

The dew glistens on
the leaves and the
grass.

The late night chill,
such as though it is,
lingers in the air.

And I, in my bed,
held gently by my sheets
and my angels,
drink it all in.

Savoring the luscious quiet,
the perfect peace,
the seduction of a new and
promising day.

Holding out against
the modern world,
until I am sucked into
its vicious clutches.

For now, my breathing
is easier and better
as I soak it all in.

Wanting to catch each
new bird's song
in the jar of my heart
and hold it there.

I daren't say a word
or make a sound
to crack the quiet
or disturb the air.

These are the gentle
and peaceful times
of our dreams.

No comments: