Monday, July 19, 2010

THE GLOOM

Days go by
When I want to wash my eyes
And open them to
A brighter, happier world.

But lately all I see
Is the Gloom
That contaminates
And brings about doom.

It’s the Gloom
That makes us crazy
And hangs on to us
Like a stink.

The Gloom is what
Breaks up marriages
And drives pious men
To drink.

I want to believe
That angels and fairies
Lie in joyful wait
In every park.

But I can’t see them
Through the veil of Gloom
That shrouds them
In the dark.

It causes car crashes,
Slips, falls, and broken bones.
It makes evil men rich
And forces good men from their homes.

The Gloom seeps into your lungs
And coughing makes it just harder to expel.
And once you’ve inhaled it
Life turns to living hell.

I don’t know how you avoid the Gloom.
I don’t know how you reject the doom.
But someone better tell me
And that right soon.

I have too much to live for.
I have all this life in me.
Living with the Gloom
Is no way to be.

No comments: