Sunday, June 28, 2009

Wayfarer


I’ve been alive for longer
Than you can remember.

I was there
When the pyramids were built
And the pharaohs reigned.

I sat in on coversations
Between Plato and Socrates
And reveled in their wisdom.

When Roman criminals were
Fed to the lions,
I sat in the Colosseum and wept.

I fought along with Lancelot and Galahad
And whether you know it or not,
I drank from the Holy Grail.

I held the telescope and saw
The New World.
Columbus would never have known
I am an old soul.

I was the angel on Paul Revere’s shoulder
And the musket man at Brandywine.

I’ve stopped counting queens and kings
That have lived and died on my watch.

What matters now is that I’ve come here
And I am here now for you.

You deserve someone ageless in your life.
Everyone needs a wayfarer.

I have lived forever.
You will, too.

No comments: