Friday, December 9, 2011

THE SPOTLIGHT

And now the Spotlight is yours.
The one you’ve worked so hard to bask in.
The one you’ve ached and thirsted for.

And you have earned your place in the Spotlight,
Your moment in the sun.

Every time I hear you sing,
A bluebird flies through my soul
As though sent from the rays
Of the Spotlight.

I have heard you rehearse
And watched you hone your craft.

And now that you’re in the Spotlight,
Bathed in its dazzling glow,
My pride for you swells
Like a balloon.

So take a bow,
Much deserved and well-eaerned.

For as long as you hold the Spotlight,
I will be in the audience,
Cherishing it…

Cherishing you.

1 comment:

Jaeda DeWalt said...

Every time I hear you sing,
A bluebird flies through my soul
LOVE this... your creative affections are bliss as they blossom from the bud of such a passionate and sensitive human being.

LOVE and LIGHT
~j a e d a