Sunday, August 9, 2009

Pining

Sitting here with my laptop

Writing this little piece

Waiting for that special soul

To bring my heart its peace.

Wondering when my time will come

(And would time pick up steam?)

For my soulmate to float down

From my sweet nighttime dream

Curious how a woman feels

From her north down to her south

Interested in everything she is

And what she’s all about.

Is this the foolish musing

Of a solipsistic poet

Or has my heart’s desire arrived

And I don’t even know it?

I can’t believe that all the angels

Are taken.

It’s a nightmare from which I need to

Awaken.

I hear my soul’s desperate cry

Its weeping I must heed.

May Cupid hear it loud and clear

And rush forth on his white steed.

My lover and soulmate waits.

Does she know how I pine?

For her affection and consort

To feed my soul divine?

No comments: